The Department of Accident And Emergency Medicine at Mehta Hospital is resolute in improving the standards of pre-hospital and emergency department services in all avenues possible, with a mission to achieve excellence as a regional and national leader in the field of emergency medicine.
The A&E department at Mehta’s provides initial treatment for a wide range of conditions like road traffic accidents, burns, poisoning, bites and stings, respiratory emergencies, cardiac emergencies like heart attacks, and stroke for both adult and pediatric age groups and is a one-stop facility with a full spectrum of services under the leadership of qualified and experienced Emergency Medicine Physicians.
The department is also fully equipped and has been trained to handle lifesaving procedures like intubation, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), central venous cannulations, transcutaneous cardiac pacing, electrical and chemical cardio version etc.
- State of the art, new, 24×7 Accident and Emergency department & Prehospital Emergency Services focusing on a high degree of patient privacy, comfort and the latest emergency medical technologies.
- Fully equipped Advanced Cardiac Life Support ambulance with ventilator and defibrillator capable of handling medical and surgical emergencies including transport of Trauma victims
- Basic life support ambulance equipped to handle minor emergencies
- Ensured safe pick up and on-board emergency care in the Ambulance during pickups and transfers by qualified Emergency and Trauma Care Technicians
- A fully equipped Emergency Department to handle any trauma, surgical, and medical emergencies in both adults and pediatric patients
- Basic Life Support / Advanced Cardiac Life Support / Trauma Life support trained emergency nursing staffs
- Emergency treatment by Qualified and experienced Accident and Emergency Medicine Physicians.
- Evidence based Emergency Medicine practice
- Dedicated Stroke team for early management & thrombolysis in stroke
- Thrombolysis for myocardial infarction
- 24×7 Supportive services like laboratory, blood bank, X ray, CT scan, Pharmacy
- Supportive sub specialties consultation and services like general surgery, Cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, general medicine, plastic and reconstructive surgery, urology, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Oromaxillofacial surgery, general pediatrics.